skip to primary navigation skip to content

Accommodation Service

Studying at Cambridge


Find a home

At the Accommodation Service we help members of the University and of affiliated institutions find homes and settle into life in Cambridge. We provide access to a wide range of accommodation.

Register to find a home with us

To join the University accommodation waiting list and to view our directory of private accommodation, you will first need to tell us more about yourself and what you're looking for.

Right to Rent

You must prove your right to stay in the UK before moving into any property. Your landlord, whether the University or in the private sector, will ask to see and take a copy of the passports (or other relevant documents) of all adults in your household. For more on this, and other useful information, see How to Rent.


University property waiting list

University accommodation

The University has 1420 properties available for staff and students. 700 new homes will be located on the University’s North West Cambridge Development – a new district of Cambridge. Homes are available to rent to eligible members of the University. Register your interest to find out more about properties that are available.

Read more

Find a property

Private accommodation

There are 173 properties from private landlords currently listed with the Accommodation Service. You can use this site to search for the right property for you, but you must arrange viewings and tenancies directly with the landlord.

Read more

Life in Cambridge

Life in Cambridge

We provide advice and information about living in Cambridge including where to live, how to get around, and how much you can expect to spend.

Read more
Moving to Cambridge

Advice on moving

The Accommodation Service can help new and existing University students and staff find a home and get settled into the area.

Help with moving