We offer a diverse range of privately owned accommodation. This selection encompasses
- Rooms: some in houses shared with other tenants, and others in the landlords’ own family home
- Apartments within landlords’ family homes
- Garden annexes attached or adjacent to landlords’ homes
- Self-contained studio apartments where the sleeping and living areas are within the same room
- Flats/apartments comprising one or more bedrooms plus other rooms
You can use this site to search for the right property for you, but you must arrange viewings and tenancies directly with the landlord.
Private property landlords
Most of the privately-owned accommodation offered on our website is managed directly by owner-landlords. We also advertise properties on behalf of a limited number of selected Letting Agencies; these agencies should not charge you agency fees. If they do so, please contact us.
The Accommodation Service directly manages a small number of privately owned properties on behalf of landlords. These are advertised alongside other privately owned properties.
Privately-owned properties are typically available on both long and medium-term basis (more than 3 weeks); however please note that it can be difficult to obtain self-contained accommodation for less than 6 months at a time.
Bed & Breakfasts, guesthouses & serviced apartments
We also offer a comprehensive listing of local Bed & Breakfasts, guesthouses & serviced apartments on a short-term basis. You do not need to be registered with us to access these listings.