skip to primary navigation skip to content

Accommodation Service

Studying at Cambridge

Registration - to find a home

University membership (or membership of a qualifying Affiliated Institution)

Please read the following notes about registration before you attempt to register with us.

  1. Consider the timescales of your likely accommodation needs.

    The rental market in Cambridge moves quickly and rental properties are unlikely to be advertised as available more than five months before the date you require accommodation.

    The University’s Eddington development, comprising some 700 properties, is available for qualifying University staff. The properties are available for staff who are considered keyworkers; the eligibility criteria for Key Worker Housing at Eddington has been defined in the planning permission of the site which was agreed by the local authorities.

    Please contact us if you need advice.

  2. Please note: When you register you will need to be able to provide evidence of your relationship to the University.

    To be able to complete the registration you must tell us:

    1. The name of the University Department with whom you will be studying / working.
    2. The name of your Supervisor, Administrator or other contact in your Department / Faculty.
    3. A description of your role at the University (your academic or employment status).
    4. If applicable, the name of the associated Academic Institution to which you belong, if you are not a member of the University itself.
    5. To be considered for accommodation in the keyworker housing at Eddington, detailed personal and financial information will be required, to determine your eligibility for affordable housing.
  3. If you are unable to provide these details, please be prepared to describe to us the nature of your other connection to the University of Cambridge.

To get started, are you, or soon will be a member of the University?

Members include University of Cambridge staff, most current students, academics, visiting scholars, and visiting students.

Yes    No

Step 1 of 4

  1. University membership
  2. Contact details
  3. Current and permanent addresses
  4. University affiliation information